Some of the best gear designs exist at the crossroads of two different categories, borrowing the best aspects of each. In the case of the new F1 LT, the skimo racers and freeriders at Scarpa put their heads together and designed their new boot at the meeting point of uphill-optimized touring efficiency and downhill-shredding stiffness and capability. Improving over the older Alien RS, the F1 LT gets a new upper-cuff design to add progressive flex for steep, technical descending, also allowing the boot to drive wider skis with confidence. In lieu of a skimo race-style cord closure, the two-mode ski/walk transition adds a more durable closure with less risk of failure. Can’t decide whether you’re buying a boot for going fast and light on hard snow or hunting for big lines in stormy conditions? The F1 LT will happily play accomplice for long traverses, predawn missions, and mellow glade laps alike.
- Carbon-infused Grilamid in both the lower and the cuff equals an exceptional strength-to-weight ratio.
- Spring-loaded ski/walk mechanism opens up for huge range-of-motion, and locks the boot down quickly for descents.
- Internally-routed BOA cable allows for micro-adjustments in forefoot fit.
- Intuition Cross Fit Tour LT
- More aggressive forward lean than the Alien RS caters to skiers who like to drive through the front of the boot.
- Velcro spoiler can attach to rear of liner for greater forward lean.
Verified weight: 992g (size 27.0, without optional power strap and spoiler)
### Scarpa Says ###
Combining ultralight elements of our Alien race boots with a more versatile, backcountry-oriented design, the all-new F1 LT is our lightest weight alpine touring boot, optimized for high-mileage missions, ambitious traverses, and technical ski mountaineering descents.
- Carbon Grilamid® LFT shell & cuff delivers incredible power to weight ratio
- 3D Lambda Torsion Frame increases lateral stability and downhill performance
- Speed Lock ski walk mechanism is strong, precise and easy to use
- Boa® Fit System for a fast and secure fit
- Waterproof gaiter system provides total snow protection
- New Zeppa increases ramp angle by 3.5°