We ordered a line of Challengers because they have been a go-to for running on non-tech trails (think MTB), dirt roads, xc trails. They are rugged enough to withstand most trails and roads out the front door with a tread pattern that will let you mix in some road as well. The challenger has always been in rotation as it's a highly versatile trainer with the right amount of cushion to make you not worry about your route, just put them on and go.
HOKA ONE ONE Says:
Returning for its sixth iteration, the Challenger ATR 6 furthers its reputation for versatility. As its name suggests, this adaptable, all-terrain shoe defies convention — performing light on the trail and smooth on the street, thanks to its midsole geometry and outsole construction. Dynamically designed for versatile traction, its distinctive outsole has zonal construction to optimize grip and weight. Developed with broad, closely spaced zonal lugs, the Challenger ATR 6’s outsole delivers smooth transitions from one surface to another. This season’s iteration utilizes recycled Unifi REPREVE® yarn derived from post-consumer waste plastic.
- Unifi REPREVE® recycled yarn in primary and collar meshes
- Toe rand for support and protection
- Gusseted tongue
- Recycled poly laces
- Tongue mesh includes recycles material
- CMEVA foam midsole provides stable footing and absorbs impact points
- Zonal rubber placement for weight savings and durability
- 4mm lugs provide all-terrain traction