Simple and comfortable backcountry mitten. Plenty of space for a hand warmer and very soft insides. Used on several tours this winter and it has held up remarkably well. Stashes small and love the wrist loops to keep from blowing away in the winds. Also good for skimo races on those super cold days.
Manufacturer's features and specs:
- Light and packable overmitt designed to deliver a high level of performance for ski mountaineering and technical mountaineering
- Simple and secure Open-Close system maximizes thermal insulation and allows the mittens to be easily closed and opened at the wrist even while wearing the gloves
- DRYZONE® waterproof and breathable membrane for protection from moisture and wind
- Palm and thumb use super grip fabric for dexterity and grip
- PrimaLoft® Gold 60 g/m2 insulation in the main body delivers the best thermal efficiency in extreme conditions
- PrimaLoft® Gold Eco Grip 100 g/m2 insulation in the palm is designed specifically to improve dexterity and grip
- Elastic wrist leashes
- Terry wipe on the back of the thumb
• Separate stuff pocket for storage
The Tempest Mitt is a light and compact overmitt designed to lock warmth in and keep extreme weather out. The DRYZONE® waterproof/breathable membrane blocks moisture and wind and the differentiated high-level PrimaLoft® Gold insulation layers deliver the optimal blend of insulation and dexterity. PrimaLoft® Gold 60 g/m2 insulation in the main body delivers the best thermal efficiency in extreme conditions. PrimaLoft® Gold Eco Grip 100 g/m2 insulation in the palm is designed specifically to improve dexterity and grip. The simple and secure Open-Close system on the wrist allows the mittens to be put on and taken off with ease and closes securely on the wrist to lock in warmth.
130 g, 4.6 oz (Medium)
Thermal Insulation: 3
Features: Windbreak, Waterproof, Breathable, Wrist Leash, Sweat Cloth, Primaloft