One of my favorite gear picks of last winter. With enough grip for 95% of booting in the White Mountains, and lighter than any other crampon CAMP makes, it was another great improvement over traditional ski mountaineering crampons. The quick release buckle makes the removal process that much quicker. I've been using without the anti-balling plates but there are many times this spring I wished I left them on.
Manufacturer's features & highlights below:
- Hyperlight 7075 aluminum alloy construction
- Automatic binding with our new T-Stop toe system
- Semi-auto toe bails and heel bails are available separately for boots without toe welts
- The heel bail has been optimized to fit A/T ski boots and features 3 height settings for fine-tuning the fit
- Micro-adjustable linking bar with large and small range settings features a hyperlight screw adjustment
- Dyneema® linking straps (available separately) reduce weight (330 g) and allow the crampons to fold onto themselves for tighter packability
- Anti-balling plates and carrying case included
- Torx key for adjustment included
The Skimo Race is a new style of crampon that has been purpose-built for competitive ski mountaineering. Every detail has been optimized for lightweight and speed. The Skimo Race features our new T-Stop toe system combined with a traditional snap on heel bail for fast and secure attachment to the boot. The micro-adjustable linking bar with large and small range settings delivers a precise fit for all boot lengths. The linking bar can also be replaced with the optional Dyneema® linking strap (sold separately) to reduce weight and allow the crampons to be folded onto themselves for tighter packability. Semi-auto toe bails and heel bails (sold separately) can be integrated for boots without toe welts. Anti-balling plates and carrying case included.
428 g, 15.1 oz
Size: Eur 36-46
Frame Material: 7075 Aluminum