If you invest in an Avy Probe, make it this one.
There isn't much to say about avy probes - they need to deploy quickly and be relatively stiff to penetrate hard snowpack. Lighten things up with carbon fiber and now you have a probe that can stay in your pack all the time and not even notice it's there.
- One of the world’s lightest avalanche probes!
- Marked every 5 cm for measuring depth
- Complete with bright orange carrying bag
- Six 11 mm carbon-fiber sections fold to a compact length of 40 cm (16 inches).
- Tapered aluminum alloy ferrules increase stiffness and self-align for fast deployment. A tug and cinch of the strong 2 mm Dyneema® pull cord quickly and securely assembles the probe.
133 g, 4.7 oz
Full Length: 240 cm, 94.5 in
Packed Length: 40 cm, 15.7 in
Cord: Dyneema® 2 mm