ATK’s deep experience with lightweight touring bindings mean they know a good thing when they see one. In the case of the Crest binding, ATK wanted to keep the original binding in its pole position in the lineup while adding slight innovations to create the RT series of bindings. With the addition of the Uphill Hardness Variator in the toe piece, skiers can adjust their toe retention without fully locking the toe lever as before -- a boon for icy sidehill skinning as well as aggressive downhill charging. Beyond the UHV, the RT also introduces magnetized heel flaps for easy transitions from flat mode to higher risers, especially for skiers who prefer to use their pole handles to move the flaps and avoid bending down. Subtle upgrades to an already-amazing binding puts the RT binding in the running for a gold medal in sophisticated design.
- Ideal set of features for all-around touring with a variety of light- to middle-weight skis and boots.
- Wider mounting platform on the RT means it can suit 90mm and 115mm skis alike.
- Adjustable release value between 3-8 or 5-10, both lateral and vertical, to suit a range of skiers and skier types.
- Wide variety of brake widths available aftermarket to suit wider or narrower skis.
- 10mm of elastic travel in the heel piece moves the binding forward and back and helps keep release values consistent when charging through variable snow conditions.
- Claimed weight: 260g
If you're looking for another brake width, please let us know!
ATK Says (RT8):
RT 10 suits you but you weigh less than 60 Kg? RT 8 is your answer: same structure and functionality with lower release values to get the most from your gears.
Except for the colour and for the release values range (3-8 instead of 5-10), RT 8 shows an identical offer if compared to the RT 10 binding, so it can boast the same excellent levels of lightness, skiing performance and comfort of use.
The new rear ski-brake is available in a wide range of sizes (75, 86, 91, 97, 102, 108, 120 mm) to achieve perfect compatibility with every ski model.
PRODUCT TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
- Easy Entry System®: new geometry of the toe parts elements that makes the step-in easy and confident with any tech boot available on the market, even in case of worn out soles.
- Monolink® Technology 1.0: the left arm of the toe part is fix, provides a weight reduction of 2,5 grams per toe part and improves stiffness. Lower pressure on the locking system with higher performances.
- TheMagneto Heel Flaps® with raiser guarantees an increased comfort and provides 3 different walking modes.
- The built-in crampons slot assures the perfect insertion of any ATK® crampon size.
- A 20 mm ADJUSTMENT PLATE is integrated in the heel part to assure a fast adjustment in case of boot substitution (up to 2 full sizes).
- The release system provides a 3 to 8 adjustment range, both lateral (Mz) and vertical (My).
- SKI-BRAKE ELASTIC SLIDE: integrated in the ski-brake pad to keep the lateral release value of the binding fixed.
- U.H.V.® System (Up-hill Hardness Variator): system that allows to change the up-hill locking hardness of the toe part. It compensates the boot toe insert wear and tear during the years, provides a proper locking strenght for each user and reduces the pressures on the locking mechanism.
- CAM RELEASE SYSTEM®: exclusive system that provides the most stable downhill performance on the market, extremely precise release and the softest heel step-in of the industry.
- ELASTIC RESPONSE SYSTEM®: an elastic sliding system ( 6 + 4 mm / tot. 10 mm of elasticity) applied to the heel part to ensure the natural ski flex (also in case of big jumps/compressions), improves the binding release performance when the binding is stressed, reduces the pressure on the ski-boot-binding system.
Materials Alu 7075, Stainless Steel, POM
Ski brake: 75, 86, 91, 97, 102, 108, 120
Walking mode: Flat, + 28 mm, + 44mm
Heel elastic travel: 10 mm ( E.R.S)