When ATK enters a new segment of the touring market, they’re not aiming to play along and maintain the status quo. Instead, the Italian engineers know their plan is to innovate on the standard and push the cutting-edge of technical design forward. At just over 330 grams, the Raider is ATK’s demonstration of how much high-performance, hard-charging performance they can pack into a touring-class binding. At the front of the binding the Raider features an anti-icing toe piece that uses an Uphill Hardness Variator to dial in toe piece retention for skinning and skiing. At the rear, 12mm of forward-and-back heel piece elasticity solves the problem of making a tech binding for skiers accustomed to alpine-binding features. The heel’s elasticity means a more consistent release at a chosen release value, with less risk of pre-releasing in variable snow or non-releasing in the event of a crash. More than just a beefed-up race binding, the Raider provides a whole new level of binding tech at a dizzyingly light weight.
- ATK’s flagship binding for a skier who wants alpine-like performance at a touring weight.
- Utilizes all of the key ATK technical innovation, most crucially the UHV toe piece and the elastic heel travel system, to create a higher level of release-value precision.
- Magnetized heel flaps make for easy transitions from flat mode to higher risers using a pole tip or handle.
- 25mm adjustment track to suit different boot lengths.
- Choice of the Freeride Spacer (optional addition) maintains a consistent gap between the boot heel and the ski.
Note: If the brake width you're looking for isn't there just let us know and we can swap out for you.