**WE HAVE ALL BRAKE WIDTHS IN STOCK - PLEASE LET US KNOW EITHER WHAT WIDTH YOU NEED, OR WHAT SKI YOU HAVE **
It wasn’t long ago that weight-conscious skiers wanting a do-everything binding had their eyes trained on Dynafit’s gemini twins, the Speed Radical and Speed Turn. Nowadays, the Speed twins are seeing serious competition from ATK’s Crest bindings, which is under 300g with all the fixings: adjustment plate, brake, crampon receptor, adjustable release, and two riser heights for those straight-the-f***-up skintracks. Relative to the vertical-meters-gobbling Haute Route binding, the Crest tips more toward powder hunting and American-style ski selection, with a wider mounting platform that suits skis up to 120mm wide. A signature ATK innovation is the addition of elastic forward-and-back travel in the heel piece, which keeps binding release more consistent when compared with traditional “static” bindings: as the ski flexes up and down, the binding heel can move to keep the boot in place despite the ski’s varying arc. In short, the Crest is a no-compromise, fully-featured binding that can still go uphill at blinding speeds.
- Ideal set of features for all-around touring with a variety of light- to middle-weight skis and boots.
- Wider mounting platform makes the Crest ATK’s perfect binding for powder-obsessed North Americans.
- Adjustable release value between 5 and 10 to suit a range of skiers and skier types.
- Wide variety of brake widths available aftermarket to suit wider or narrower skis.
- 10mm of elastic travel in the heel piece moves the binding forward and back and helps keep release values consistent when charging through variable snow conditions.
- Claimed weight: 280g