Last Skier Standing 2022
The 2023 Site is live here.
We'll be hosting the second edition of the Last Skier Standing event the weekend of February 12th at Black Mountain in Jackson, NH.
### PARKING INFO ###
PARKING: We do not have access to the resort's main lot on Saturday. They are expecting a big weekend and parking is already constrained. With that said, PLEASE CARPOOL with crew. We are helping out Black Mountain by shuttling in participants from parking zones in Jackson. SHUTTLE DRIVER HILARY will be your point of contact. We'll have shuttles running up and down all throughout the event but you'll need to bring all your gear up to the mountain.
Venue Parking: (first come first serve): photo / map - There is only space for ~40 vehicles at the event venue and those will fill up very quickly. If you do park up there you must leave your keys in your car. If you are not comfortable with that, please do not park up at the event venue.
Jackson Parking: Our first lot will be the public library overflow lot (map). Our second location will be the Red Fox overflow lot (map).
Please call Hilary if you have questions about parking or need a ride from Jackson or have a question about where to park: 802-238-3976. Shuttles will be running from 7:00 to 9:30am. Please buffer your time for shuttle pickup!
Time: Registration Check-in 8 to 9:30am Feb 12th, event start is at 10am.
Format: For those not familiar, each participant must finish the course within an hour and be in the starting area prior to the next lap start. The race is over once there is only one person left in the starting area and that person completes their final lap.
Weight Categories:We will recognize performances in several categories including skimo, splitboard, and heavy metal.
Registration opens November 1st 2021:
Registration: $160 (including fees). If you drop out your entry fee will be donated to our jr ski touring fleet. Visit Ultrasignup.com to register - event is capped at 100 participants. There will be a waitlist.
We've learned a lot over the past two editions of LSS. This event is for everyone - set a PR for vertical, see if you can make it 6, 12, or 24 hours. Meet a ton of great people all working towards getting the most out of their performance. You’ll all be rewarded with stacked vert, generous prizes from sponsors, lots of food and beverages, plus the chance to hang out with a bunch of other "like-minded" people. Here’s a comprehensive list of what to expect, a few suggestions, and some tips to make sure you have the best event possible. Please send questions our way and we’ll update this FAQ page as necessary. Thank you and see you all Saturday!
-Andrew and Monte
- COVID: Health and safety is always our primary concern. We will be following state guidelines to ensure we are minimizing exposure risks and will have specific details closer to the date. If you are sick or have had recent COVID exposure, please let us know, we can defer your entry to next year.
- Parking: There will be plenty of parking available at the resort. There is some parking in the upper lot by the event venue. Please see a parking volunteer for questions. Carpooling is encouraged!
- Check-in: is from 8 to 9:30am - registration will be located in the tent above the horse corral. You’ll get your bib and whatever swag we can round up. We’ll be doing a group photo at 9:55 with a pre-event briefing.
- Tent: We have a 40’ by 20’ event tent where we’ll have tables, propane heaters, chairs, blankets, food and beverage, electricity, lights, and more.
- The Course: We will be using the mountain’s uphill route during daytime hours. It’s approximately 1.1 miles / 1k’ to the summit and we’ll be skiing back down the same route to keep our ski patrollers happy. There's chatter of a coin flip boot pack this year.
- Rules: We want this to be a level playing field. Safety is our priority and most of these rules are meant to ensure that. Pacers are allowed at the race director's discretion and outside aid on the course is not allowed. No tucking or unsafe skiing - if you are perceived to be skiing in an unsafe manner by ski patrol, mountain operations, or event personnel, you are subject to disqualification. We will also have a medic onsite at all times. There is no alcohol allowed outside of Lostbo Pub and no BYOB.
- Mandatory Gear: We will be issuing bibs that must be visible and worn on the left leg and reflective armbands for those who make it into the first night (and second night!). Headlamps are required for nighttime laps. Helmets are required for EVERYONE.
- Suggested Items to Bring:
- Personal Food and drink items that you know work for you.
- A spare set of skins. We’ll do our best to help with skin failures.
- Extra socks
- Blister Prevention kit. We’ll supply what we can but suggest some glide stick, moleskin, tape, or whatever works for you.
- Extra / backup everything (socks, liners, gloves…)
- Pit Crew: We’ll have volunteers helping with keeping you warm, fed, and hydrated along with helping with any gear issues. We’ll do our best to help dry out boots and skins. We have a couple propane heaters for the tent plus several boot heaters. There will be a charging station for phones and we’ll have power bricks to hand out to charge batteries on the fly. We want you to be able to focus on the event and not worry about these items!
- Food and Beverage: We will be providing the following - Hot water, hot coffee, hot tang / gatorade, soup, chips, chocolates, and other typical aid station food. We’ll serve a mix of bagels Saturday AM, a basic lunch (sandwiches) Saturday and Sunday, soups for dinner, pancakes and bacon for Sunday breakfast, and keep the meal plan rolling as long as needed.
- Bathrooms: There will be three bathrooms up at the tent - participants have priority. We also have access to the lodge bathrooms for crew and spectators.
- Awards: We have a tiered finisher award system based on the number of laps you finish.
- Flexibility: As with life, things don't always go as planned. We might make on-the-fly modifications to the event if we feel it can make the event better. This might include a course change or delayed lap start time. We don’t plan on this happening but understand there could be some slight changes day of the event.
- Event Sponsors: Norrona - Ibex - Athletic Brewing Co - Craft Sportswear - Lawson' Finest Liquids - TREW - Fischer Sports - Ski The Whites Coffee Co - Princeton Tec - Marblehead Graphics