The only ski mountaineering ice axe you'll ever need.
This ice axe is essentially a beefed up version of the Corsa but features Sandvik Nanoflex® steel reinforcements on the pick and spike. This means it will be more versatile and durable as it will have better purchase than aluminum picks. Other differences include a single-curved shaft and nylon spike plug in all sizes to keep snow out of shaft. While this ice axe is not meant for ice climbing, it will get you over small ice bulges and chokes. If you are aiming for ice though, get a proper ice climbing axe.
- The second lightest ice axe in the world!
- Sandvik Nanoflex® steel pick and spike for durability and strength
- Ideal for snow travel and self arrest
- Can be used as an anchor for glacier rescue and traversing cornices
- Nylon spike plug on all lengths keeps ice out of shaft
- CC4U wear indicator warns when the pick is dull beyond the safe limit
- Optional sliding leash (1305) easily attaches to shaft
250 g, 8.8 oz [50 cm]