Light and packable, that's all you can really ask for from a versatile piece like the BD Distance Wind Shell. Ideal for protection above treeline or to start off your runs with some added warmth. Incredibly light and will live in your pack. Color is difficult to show, shipping 5/16.
Engineered to provide ultimate lightweight weather protection in the mountains, the Distance Wind Shell combines superior weather resistance and breathability with an ultralight design, so you are always ready for what the mountains throw at you. Launching in partnership with Green Theme International, the Distance Wind Shell features GTI’s revolutionary Breathable Water Protection Technology, an environmentally friendly PFC-free water-repellant finish that is superior in performance compared to any other C-6, C-8, or C-0 DWR. This performance is only exceeded by its durability, as the GTI technology is permanently hyper-fused to the individual fabric fibers, and there is no need to ever refresh the jacket with an additional spray or wash-in finish.
The Distance Wind Shell is ultra-packable, making it a perfect emergency piece for mountain missions with a chest pocket that doubles as a stuff sack and clips to a harness with a carabiner clip loop. With its air permeable qualities designed for high-output activities, and robust weather resistance, the Distance Wind Shell is tailor-made for fast and light mountain adventures.
- GTT’s Empel Breathable Water Protection Technology—a revolutionary water-free and PFC-free DWR that’s superior in performance and substantially more durable than other DWR solutions
- YKK-Zippered stowable chest pocket with carabiner clip loop
- Air permeable fabric provides breathability for high output activities
- Climbing helmet compatible hood
- Adjustable hem
- Elastic cuff
- Front Length: 28.5 in from High Shoulder Point
- 98 g
Materials 15D Light Weight Nylon Rip Stop Woven with DWR Finish (100% Nylon, 30gsm)